OK.. so it's not really what was said, but what happened...
Avery age 2 1/2
She was put to bed 1/2 hour ago and as I walked past her room I could hear her playing quietly. I opened the door to see her on her floor playing with her toys. She immediately jumped up, ran to her bed and put the covers over her as if she had been asleep the whole time. All of this while I was watching her. She never said a word, yet she knew where she was supposed to be.
Kids think they are so sneaky.
Kaden age 4-5
Kaden is one that must have a routine. Not only do the sequence of events need to be the same, but the conversations need to be the same as well. Naptime and Bedtime go like this... EVERY DAY!
Kaden: Mom... when am I going to get up?
Mom: In an hour.
Kaden: That's too long!
Mom: No it's not.. go to bed.
Kaden: Why is it always an hour?
Mom: Well, you could go to bed for two hours?
Kaden: (a little disgusted) Oh Mom!
Here is our Night time ritual... as Kaden calls it... "We need to say our things"
Mom: Sleep Tight, Don't let the bed bugs bite
Kaden: K... Don't Snore! And tell Dad not to snore
Mom: OK... you don't snore
Kaden: If you snore this is what I'll do (he then proceeds to attack me in some way)
Mom: If you snore, this is what I'll do (I usually tickle him)
Mom: See you in the morning.
Kaden: When's it morning?
Mom: 8:00... Now go to bed!
Kaden: Hugs and Kisses!
Mom: OK.. (He gives me a kiss and very hard hug)
Kaden: Did I squeeze your neck off.
Mom: You sure did... now that's enough... I'm leaving and no more talking.
Kaden: "Don't forget to tell dad to come in and say goodnight"
Mom: I won't Kade... go to sleep
Kaden: (yelling as I leave the room) Don't you ever forget!
Mom: OK Goodnight!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what cute kids! I like how he says don't you ever forget!! Thats cute!! Avery is so funny that she just went to bed as if she never left in the first place. What funny kids!
Post a Comment